Monday, July 2, 2007

Five more sleeps...

After a wonderfully relaxing weekend and Canada Day celebrations with Hubby & friends, the panic has started to set in. Sort of. I had little lists of things to remember scattered here and there, and thoughts would come popping into my mind: Oh yeah, I gotta do this... Oh, and I can't forget to do that... You know how that works, don't you?!

So today, I took the time to combine all those little lists into the mother of all lists, thanks to gubb.net. At this point, I'm willing to try anything in order to regain my sense of calmness around this trip. I have a Stuff To Do list, a Things To Buy list, and of course, a Things To Pack list. At least it's all in one spot now, and life is once again manageable. :-)

Now, if you'll 'scuse me, I need to go meditate and tap into that place where I know that, no matter what happens - or what I may forget to bring or do - all will be well...

Vivere in pace,

2 comments:

K said...

Wow, enjoy your trip! (I probably won't see you before you leave.)

This blog brings back lots of memories of lists and shopping and packing before our trip around this time of the year last year. Don't worry it will all come together somehow.

And, yes, do try to stay up when you get there. I managed it until about 6:30 p.m. China time (6:30 a.m. Ottawa time), but Chris decided to just lay down on the bed thinking he could resist sleep. Uh, no. He slept a couple of hours in the afternoon and then paid for it when he woke up at about 3:00 a.m. the next morning.

Good luck, and HAVE A WONDERFUL, RELAXING, FUN TRIP!

jag said...

Thanks K!

And CONGRATS on your Gotcha/Family Day... Man, time flies.

xox