Friday, July 6, 2007

Just ONE more sleep...

I had the day off today and used it to take care of those last few things on my list.

After going to see the guy who cracks me up every single time (ie. my chiropractor :-)), I went to Capital City Luggage in search of an adapter for my camera charger. As I was looking at the wall full of chargers, somewhat dazed & confused, the Sales Lady came to my rescue. Turns out there's an adapter specifically for Italy, since they have this weird three-prongs-in-a-row electrical outlet. Sales Lady really seemed to know her stuff, so when she asked if there was anything else I needed for my trip to Italy, I said: "I dunno... is there?!" With great confidence, she simply said: "P-Mate. You can't go to Europe without P-Mate in your purse." She said it with such certainty that I felt I had no choice but to reply: "Well, OK then. P-Mate it is."

If speaking about normal, natural bodily functions makes you uncomfortable, you may as well stop reading now. For those who are still with me, you may be as surprised as I was to learn that P-Mate will apparently allow me to pee standing up! Finally, no more squatting and fearing wet shoes or moist pant hems! Now, here's the irony... the P-Mate is a lovely bright shade of green, with four-leaf clovers drawn on it. What are they trying to say?! HEY - GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! :-) In any case, if this thing can get me out of a pinch, with bladder empty & dignity intact, I don't care what the heck it looks like.

Ahh! what a joy to be fully human, with deep spiritual desires... and the occasional urge to pee.
Italy, here we come!

Vivere in pace,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best trip of your life. This blog is wonderful and it shares your excitement with those of us who read it.
God Bless and Enjoy!
Much Love
JEP