Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Four more sleeps...

The good news is... everything seems to fit in my backpack. (BTW, thanks to Nancy & Brad for the loaner!) I tested it tonite and there's even room left for new stuff! :-) I s'pose I could reduce the contents even a bit more, but it's not one less t-shirt that'll make the difference. Basically, for three weeks, I'm bringing:
  • 1 pair long pants
  • 1 pair cropped pants (I love these and will likely wear them most days!)
  • 1 skort
  • 1 pair yoga/running pants
  • 5 t-shirts
  • 3 tank tops
  • 2 long-sleeve blouses (with SUV protection)
  • 1 long-sleeve top
  • 1 cardigan
  • 1 nylon shell (jacket)
  • 3 pairs shoes (yeah, I know... but they're all so different! :-))
  • 1 scarf/wrap
  • + various sundry items & toilettries...
I found it a bit challenging to decide what to bring because I'm told it'll be very warm outdoors, and yet there are certain dress codes for many of the sacred sites we plan to visit. Since I will be staying at a convent for 3 days (Assisi) and a monastery for 7 days (retreat at Monte Oliveto), I need to be respectful of my surroundings as well. I found the Rick Steves Travel Tips web site especially useful in helping me prepare.

All for now!
Vivere in pace,

No comments: